I know I am a little late on the New Year Resolutions game, but it took me longer this year to come up with my list and I’m not sure why. Usually, I don’t write them down, but one year I did and the list then got lost in my apartment. I remember finding it way later when I was moving and I found I had completed every single resolution on my list! Keep in mind, I lost the list, so I was in no way holding those resolutions over my head all year. Those are the best kind of resolutions, in my opinion, the ones you make out of genuine love for yourself and the commitment to do just a little better than you did the year before.
I figured this would be the perfect place to write out my intentions for 2018, and be able to look back and see how many I actually accomplished. This way, I am also way less likely to lose the list...
As promised, here is my list:
My New Years Resolutions for 2018
- Finish my coding program (more on this in an upcoming post)
- Post at least 2 blog posts a month to Aly in the City (shooting for more!)
- Read at least 12 books this year (almost three down already!)
- Work on my dog’s walking skills/be more active with him
- Travel more - more specifically go to Europe
- Be very selective about my next career move
- Be better about making decisions
- Build a new life that makes me genuinely happy, positive, and excited
I try to keep my goals specific, realistic, and things I really genuinely want to do with my life. It helps me to actually follow-through.
Well, there you have it! A little peek into my mind and plans for the next year. Please share your resolutions for the new year and let me know your steps for sticking to resolutions as well! I find resolutions fascinating and would love to get a discussion going.